|Population||37 Lakh (approx.)|
|Religion||Georgian Orthodox Church|
|Exchange Rate||1 Georgian lari = 25.01 INR|
|GDP per capita||$4,805|
|Climate||short, mild winters and long, hot summers|
Top reason to Study MBBS in Georgia
- The medical colleges in Georgia are WHO/MCI approved
- There is no requirement of IELTS/TOEFL
- This very fact provides a safe and secure environment for all the students studying here. Almost nil crime rates in Georgia
- According to a survey, Georgia is counted as one of the top 10 safest countries in the world to live in.
- The place is extremely economical as well as it is almost 2.5 times cheaper than in other countries.
- Georgia is the most ideal place for students to pursue their career in MBBS Georgia Universities.
- The crime rates compared to other countries are very less here because it is a democratic republic.
- MBBS Universities in Georgia Charge lesser fees
- Absolute English Medium
- Extremely cordial environment for the students
MBBS in Georgia
MBBS in Georgia was not such a popular destination for Indians till 2011. Because, most of the student who whished to go to east european country used to prefer either Russia or Ukraine. However, with Ukrine in trouble due to the war with Russia on eastern sector the demand of studind medicine Georgia is incresing day by day. Hence, the students have started shifting to Georgia and Belarus instead of going to Ukraine.
There are many other advantage of duing MBBS from Georgia. The tution fees for a medicine program is very less in Georgia. The temperature and climatic conditions in Georgia are much pleasant and not as cold as Russia. The living cost used to be very cheap till 2014, but now it is almost matching cost as that of Russia. The programs are conducted exactly as per European standards (Bologna Education Agreement) and also the students can transfer to any other west European country.
MBBS in Europe is quite famous among students as recently there was free MBBS in Europe at Germany and other European countries. Due to cheap MBBS in Europe the option of MBBS in Georgia at Europe has become increasingly popular. Recently many MCI recognised medical college in Georgia as well as medical institutes in Georgia and various other medical universities in Georgia in Europe such as Georgia state medical University or University of Georgia medical school are offering a great opportunity for study in Georgia for International students who wish to study medicine in Georgia.
The medical college and universities in Georgia are relatively quite new in comparison to Russian. Therefore, the patients flow is lesser than the hospitals in Russia
Benefits of studying MBBS in Georgia.
- Tuition fees for Georgia Medical College is low.
- Admission process is very simple because, there is no entrance test or any admission test.
- Although MBBS in Georgia contains B Grade universities, the Teaching quality is very high. The teaching language for MBBS programs in Georgia in English.
- Top medical colleges for Georgia MBBS are among world ranked universities.
- Indian students applying for study in Georgia are eligible to appear for various licensing exams such as MCI screening test USMLE-1, PLAB in UK etc.
- Getting admission at PG medical level is much easier after MBBS in Georgia in comparison to getting admission to medical PG programs in India for Indian students.
- Cost of living in any Georgia medical college is extremely low in Georgia as compared to any other countries. Because, it hardly cost US$ 130 per month (RS. 8,000) towards living cost in Georgia.
- Georgia has moderate weather condition in comparison to Russia. Hence, the Indian students studying MBBS in Georgia are very happily staying with warm hearted local people
MBBS in Georgia – This University can be the best choice because being an Indian student you do not have to appear for an entrance examination. This University is one of the best in Central Europe. The course offered by the university is recognized both by Medical Council of India and WHO. It has been seen that graduates from the university easily clear the examination which is held by Medical Council of India. The university started to function since 1993 and is one of the first non-governmental higher medical institutions in Georgia. This Medical School was initially known as AIETI and has been renamed after an academician David Tvildiani.
The medical courses at the university are imparted in English medium to international students. For the bachelor’s program, you will have to submit the 12th standard mark sheet and certificate. It is necessary that you clear your 12th standard examination from a recognized Indian university. To enroll in the course, you will have to submit a health certificate which mentions the vaccinations. You will need a valid passport and a visa. In addition to these documents, each college may have its own requirements. On completion of the bachelor’s program, you can enroll to the master’s program. With a consistent academic record, it will be easy for you to enroll in the master’s program.
About the program offered
For a medical program at David Tvildiani Medical University, you will not have to submit your TOFEL or IELTS score. The courses are well-recognized across the globe and after clearing the licensing examinations like USMLE you can practice in any of the countries of the world. A medical program from a university in Georgia is recognized in India as well. You can complete the medical program at the college in 6 years. The primary aim of the university is to improve both teaching and research experiences continually. It has been established with the aim of contributing to a highly educated society.
Amenities and expenses
The library at the university contains 5000 volumes of medical textbooks, guides, manuals and several audio-video aids. The faculty at the university is diverse and is well known for the advanced teaching patterns which they adopt. Although you can enroll in a program which is offered in English, it is not a bad choice to learn the language. For meeting your living expenses in the country, you will have to set aside around $250 per month. The tuition fee at the university is more affordable than other countries. This makes Georgia, a popular choice among Indian students.
Prior to applying for this course, students need to pass the foreign educational documents so that they are recognized by National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement. Universities provide admission letter, visa letter, invitation letter and no objection certificate required for air ticket and for arrival to the country. Students have to submit a set of documents that include the scanned copy of the first page of their passport, recent passport size photographs, copy of the secondary examination certificate and mark sheet. You also need to submit a copy of your birth certificate and a recent medical certificate that you are physically fit. A character certificate from the local police also needs to be submitted. For Indian students, marks obtained in physics, chemistry, biology and English is also taken into consideration.
Universities provide accommodation facilities to their students, which are at par with the international students. The rooms are well furnished and cleaned and maintained by the hostel authorities well.
Main mode of transportation of the country is by rail, road, waterway and air. Over the years there has been a remarkable improvement and advancement in the transportation system. There are four international airports in the country and overseas student can arrive in these airports. Representatives of universities generally come to pick-up these students, when they arrive here for the first time.
The cuisine of the country has evolved over the century. It is a conglomeration of different influences of the different period and eras that the country has gone through. Cafeterias and restaurants provide food of different cuisines.
Georgia has two climatic zones in the eastern and western part of the country. The overall climatic condition of the country varies depending upon the altitude. There is heavy rainfall during the autumn season. All through the year, both parts of the country experience precipitation. In western Georgia, lowlands are hot throughout the year. Eastern part of the country has subtropical to continental climate.
Most Demanding Colleges In Georgia
East European University
Georgian American Universtiy
New Vision University
Akaki Tsereteli State University
SEU Georgian National University
Ivane Javakhishili Tbilisi State University