DM / MCh Admission Guidance For Top Pvt Medical Colleges In India
DM/M.Ch Courses are super specialities courses allowed after completing MD/MS in Medicine. Nowadays, it is very popular or you can say it’s almost necessary to do MD/M.Ch courses to get high reputation and good rank in society. DM/M.Ch admission as PG seats increasing rapidly with pace of time and thus, competition amongst Medico’s seekers too. Near about 1400+ seats are available for across the nations.
The Difference between MD/MS and DM/M.Ch courses is that MD/MS is a post graduate degree awarded after completing Post graduate course in Medicine whereas, DM/M.Ch is a Super Speciality Degree awarded after getting complete knowledge in a particular field/Specialization of Medicine. It’s a very hard decision to choose a PG speciality branch after getting a lot of obstacles in clearing PG entrance Examination. So here we have mention all information about DM/M.Ch courses, Specializations, Eligibility criteria, admission procedure, etc.
Some states, Universities or Institutions have different requirements but almost 90% of eligibility criteria in all Medical institutions are same across country. Admission to DM/M.Ch courses will be done through NEET SS, a national level entrance Examination. Aspirants who are willing to get DM/M.Ch admission have to fill the online application form of NEET SS at the official website. NEET SS Examination is conducted by NBE (National Board of Examination).
- All DM/M.Ch Courses in the country including all Private Medical Colleges/Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities.
- All DM/M.Ch courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions
The following Medical institutions are not covered for admission to DM/M.Ch courses through NEET:
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Shree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
Note: – No state government/private medical college/Universities including the state of Jammu & Kashmir shall be conducting any separate entrance exam for admission to their DM/M.Ch Courses.
Abroad students of India can even apply for the course. They are permitted to submit single form at a time.
Post Graduate Courses Available
As we have already mentioned that admission to all Super Speciality courses are done through NEET SS national level examination. DM/ M.Ch courses are three years long professional course and there various specializations offered to do Post-Doctoral in a particular Specialization.
DM Courses: – Cardiology, Neurology, Urology, Nephrology, Haematology, and Immunology & Cardiac Anaesthesia.
M.Ch Courses: – Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery, Neuro Surgery, Urology, Plastic surgery and Paediatric Surgery. Surgical Gastroenterology & Oncology.
Eligibility For DM / Mch Course In India
- DM cardiology aspirants must have done M.D. in (General medicine/ Paediatrics/ Respiratory Medicine) or any equivalent qualification.
- DM Neurology and Nephrology must have done M.D in (General medicine/Paediatrics) or its equivalent qualification.
- M.Ch candidates must hold M.S degree in (General Surgery) or its equivalent qualification.
- Aspirants must have qualified MD/MS/DNB Degree from any medical university recognition from Medical Council of India before 15thJuly.
- Aspirants must have registered with Central/state Medical registration Council.
- In regards to age Limit, candidates under the age of 35 years are eligible to apply for DM/M.Ch. Date of Birth should match as mentioned in the 10th Mark sheet.
Foreign Nationals: foreign Nationals are not required to get register with MCI. They can appear in NEET-SS without MCI registration. MCI will grant a temporary registration to foreign nationals. As stated in MCI regulation; The Medical Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Doctoral course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postdoctoral studies. Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his PG Medical qualification, and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.
Application Forms For DM / Mch
- Application Forms were made available on the official website during the month of April-May.
- The application form with all the necessary enclosures should be completed.
- The application must be accompanied with the attested copies of the mark sheets/certificates/degrees/registration number certificate and other documents.
- Online process is involved for filling the application form.
- You can download application form via the official website.
- All India Quota/State Quota
- Community Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- 10th / 12th mark sheet
- MBBS/MD/MS degree certificate
- Migration Certificate/eligibility certificate from other universities.
- State Council Certificate registration
- Valid Indian Passport of the NRI
Process Of Examination For DM / MCh Admission
- NEET SS Exam will be online-based examination, conducted by National Board of Examination.
- The duration of actual examination for candidates choosing only one super specialty course/clubbed group shall be 1 hour 45 minutes. Likewise the total duration of examination for candidates opting for two super specialty courses / clubbed groups shall be 3 hours 30 minutes
- A candidate can choose a maximum of two super specialty courses for which his/her broad specialty qualification is eligible, at the time of online submission of the application form.
- Pattern of examination: 40% of the questions shall be from all the eligible feeder broad specialty course(s) and the remaining 60% shall be from the super specialty course selected by the candidate at the time of online submission of application form.
- Question Paper: There shall be a separate question paper for each super specialty course /clubbed group. Total number of questions in each question paper shall be 100 which shall be divided into two Parts; Part A & Part B. All the questions shall be at PG Exit level.
Medical seekers are already aware by the fact that after putting a lot of efforts and hard work in earning MD/M.Ch Super speciality Degree, they will absolutely get name, fame, money, various career opportunities and heavy demand in medical society. Some of the considerable job options are;
Opening our own Clinic is the best preferable job option for medical qualifiers, whereas you can also get associated with Private or Public Medical association and can be hired in either government or private medical hospital at a good pay.