About Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
Bachelors of Education, popularly referred as B.Ed., is a two-year full-time degree course that is essential for candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching and other related fields. Few colleges even offer this course as distance learning or correspondence which too is of 2 years. Students in the B.Ed. course are given professional training in both art and science subjects from the teaching point of view.
B.Ed is mandatory for all those who want to teach in primary and secondary schools. National Council for Teacher Education is a statutory body which delegates and regulates programmes in teaching across the country.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Eligibility Criteria
Candidates with both graduation and postgraduation degree in a relevant field of study are eligible for the B.Ed programme offered by various reputed institutions/universities. However, the graduates must have scored 50% to 55% in their qualifying degree exam and the postgraduates have to secure at least 55% in their respective qualifying degree exam to be eligible to apply for various B.Ed entrance tests.
B.Ed Admission Process
The admission process in the B.Ed programme is both an entrance-based and merit-based process where some institutions conduct an entrance exam for the eligible candidates and some consider the marks of the candidates in their qualifying degree examination. Those candidates who appear in the B.Ed entrance exams have to go through a counselling round as well for final seat allocation.
For Admission or any other query
About Bachelor of Elementary Education
Bachelor of Elementary Education is a full-time undergraduate degree program, the duration of which is 4 years. The course trains candidates for teaching in elementary school which deals with students from 6 to 12 years of age.
To seek admission to this course, candidates need to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria laid down by the admission authorities. Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board to get admission to this program.
B.El.Ed. admission is done either on the basis of candidate’s marks in the Class 12 examination or on the basis of candidate’s performance in entrance test. The B.El.Ed. course covers disciplines including historical patterns, philosophical theories, current classroom trends, history and evolution of education, education related prior state and federal legislative policies, principles for child development, education practice, pedagogy and role of a teacher in the grooming of students.
Candidates seeking admission to B.El.Ed. course need to fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria provided below:
- Passed Class 12 or equivalent in relevant discipline from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 50% marks (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC Category).
- Hold two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Candidates appearing for their Class 12 final examinations are also eligible to apply for the B.El.Ed. course.
For Admission or any other query
D.Ed (Diploma in Education)
DEd Eligibility Criteria
To meet eligibility criteria for DEd programme candidates should clear Class 12th in any stream from a recognised board with minimum 50% – 60% aggregate marks.
DEd Job Profiles
Elementary education is imperative for the development of a better society and DEd helps in achieving just the same. Candidates who successfully complete DEd course come out as skilled and qualified elementary school teachers. Such teachers can find employment opportunities at any institute imparting elementary education such as government schools, private schools, private tuition centres, day care centres, and so on.
Such candidates can work in capacities such as:
- Teacher: An elementary school teacher’s main job is to implement procedures and manage classroom functions. Along with this, the teacher also teaches the prescribed curriculum and assist students in achieving lesson objectives.
- Writer: Candidates can also choose to become writers for elementary education. They can write articles, books, reports, etc for different organisations.
- Teacher Assistant: A teacher assistant is responsible for reinforcing lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students. The assistant also enforces school and class rules to help the teacher teach students proper behavior. Apart from this, the assistant also helps teachers with tasks like tracking attendance and calculating grades.
- Home Tutor: A home tutor provides one-on-one educational assistance to elementary school students. The tutor works with students to improve their skills in certain subjects. S/he also prepares lessons and assigns as well as corrects homework.
- Education Coordinator: An education coordinator focuses on quality control. S/he applies his/ her knowledge of learning theory to develop curriculum that offers core competencies required of students.