|Population||55 Lakh (approx.)|
|Exchange Rate||1 Euro= 77.90 INR|
|GDP per capita||$37,021|
|Climate||Diverse Climate – (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter)(Warm & Moist)|
Tuition Fee Per Year
Ovidius University of Constanta
Comenius University Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava
Comenius University in Bratislava is the oldest and biggest university in the Slovak Republic. Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava is the oldest of the thirteen faculties of Comenius University in Bratislava and was established on the 21st September 1919. Since its beginnings, it has been a recognized and sought after scientific, research and educational institution of particular importance for the development of clinical medicine. As the most complexly built university of the classical type in the Slovak Republic, it holds the position of national university.
Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava of Comenius University in Bratislava organizes general medicine and dentistry programs in English and in Slovak, residency and PhD programs in Slovak at affordable tuition fees for international students.
Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava is the oldest of the thirteen faculties of Comenius University in Bratislava and was established on the 21st September 1919. Since its beginnings, it has been a recognized and sought after scientific, research and educational institution of particular importance for the development of clinical medicine.
The Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava currently offers accredited study programs at all three levels. In the first three years, students obtain knowledge predominantly in theoretical and pre-clinical subjects. Further training takes place mainly at the Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava clinics. Students can choose elective subjects from the interdisciplinary program.
Admission to Comenius University faculty of medicine
- Admission to Comenius University Faculty of Medicine is conditioned by successful passing of the entrance examinations. Admission to 6 year medical and 6 year dentistry programs in English is based on entrance exam in chemistry and biology (multiple choice tests);
- All qualified graduates of High School or Colleges are eligible for taking Entrance Examination to the first year of the medical study at Comenius University Faculty of Medicine;
- The applicant must be fluent in English language is one of the entry requirements at the Faculty of Medicine;
Application documents at Comenius University
Application documents at Comenius University faculty of medicine for 6 year general medicine and dentistry program in English include:
- Two official copies of the Secondary School Certificate by notary;
- Health Certificate from a hospital stating that the applicant doesn’t suffer from Hepatitis B, or other contagious diseases.
- Birth Certificate- notary authorized (validated)
- photocopy of the passport
- 3 passport size photos
The application deadline is by mid-May and entrance examination is in Jun and takes place at Comenius University Faculty of Medicine in Bratislava.
Each academic year starts in September and lasts till the end of August of the following year. The academic year is divided into two semesters, winter semester (spread over September till February) and summer semester (spread over February till August).
First to third year’s courses provide theoretical and pre-clinical lectures, labs and practical classes, the remainder of the fourth and sixth years include diverse clinical experiences.
After successfully concluding the 6-year study, General Medicine and Dentistry graduates receive respectively degrees in Doctor of Medicine – MUDr and MDDr. At the third level of study the university also provides Doctoral leading to PhD degree. The Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava is at present also accredited to provide specialization study in the medical profession of Doctor.
The Faculty of Medicine Comenius University in Bratislava enjoys popularity with international students, for whom it provides General Medicine and Dentistry study programs as well as PhD and specialization education in English language.
The Doctor of Medicine and Doctor of Dentistry from Comenius University in Bratislava are fully recognized in the EU, the USA and in most other countries. English program’s students are also obliged to undertake training and pass examinations in the Czech language at the end of their first, second, third, and fourth years of study. This is necessary in order to be able to communicate with patients in Czech once they enter practical clinical training in hospitals.
English undergraduate medical programs of Comenius University:
- General Medicine: 6 year General Medicine program, leading to Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Dentistry: 6 year program leading to a diploma degree in equivalent to Doctor of Dentistry.
Tuition fees of Medical study at Comenius university of Bratislava:
- 6 year General medicine program: 9000 Euro/year;
- 6 year Dentistry program: 10000 Euro/year;