|Population||16.29 crore (approx.)|
|Religion||Islam (90%), Hindu (8.5%)|
|Key Cities||Dhaka, Chittagong, Khulna|
|Exchange Rate||1 Bangladeshi Taka = .83 INR|
|GDP per capita||1882 USD (2019)|
|Climate||Tropical & Mild Winter (October to March) Hot & Humid Summer (March to June)|
MBBS in Bangladesh
Study MBBS in Bangladesh, the country with one of the highest passing rate for MCI Screening test. Being a neighboring country of India, the cost and time for travel is greatly reduced. Most colleges have hostel facility available which makes Bangladesh a preferred destination for studying MBBS in abroad. This also ensures a greater level of security for the students and assures parents of the safety of their children.
There is no doubt about the Excellent and High Quality of Education a student would be imparted while studying MBBS in Bangladesh. This claim is attested by fact that Indian students who do MBBS in Bangladesh have managed to get the highest passing percentage for MCI Screening Test or FMGE year after year. A major reason behind this is the similarity of education / study pattern between India and Bangladesh.MBBS in Bangladesh is similar to studying Medical in India in the following respects:
- Identical Syllabus
- Same authors of books
- Similar Study Pattern
- Study of similar Diseases
- Similar Pattern of Examination
- Similar Duration of MBBS
The weather and culture of Bangladesh is same as that of India. Food habits are of Bangladesh are same as that of India. Indian food is easily available. Students going for MBBS in Bangladesh need not worry about food as both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is easily accessible.
The language spoken in Bangladesh includes English, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic. A large number of Tamil, Hindi, Punjabi, Oriya, Gujarati and Marathi speaking students are already studying in Bangladesh.
All these factors not only make it easier for Indian students to get acclimatize, but also give them a feeling of being at home.
Bangladesh is safe for girls and boys alike and being in a group of native Indians will make it easier to get help in case of an emergency. Being a dry nation (no alcohol country and drug consumption is illegal) adds up to the safety factor while alleviating the fears of the parents. Parents can breath easy and have a peace of mind sending their son/daughter for MBBS in Bangladesh.
Since getting admission in India is getting increasingly difficult year after year with the number of candidates ever increasing and the number of seats not being able to keep pace, MBBS in Bangladesh is the best alternative for Indian MBBS aspirants to get their MBBS degree from.
Advantage of studying MBBS in Bangladesh
- Language: The medium of Instruction is English. This makes it easy for students to understand better and quicker.
- Food: Food and taste is similar to the food available to us in India. This makes it easier for students to adjust to the new place. Students can also make their own food to suit their taste.
- Cost: The cost of living and cost of education in Bangladesh is low and is less when compared to many reputed medical institutes across the world.
Total course fees could range between $US 33,000 – $US 44,000 (depending on the university).
- The average cost of study MBBS in Bangladesh ranges between ₹24 Lakh to ₹30 Lakh*. International students and students from India have shown keen interest in their MBBS admission in Bangladesh. The low cost, efficient & effective medical education of Bangladesh makes it one of the most favoured destinations for India students.
* These are approximate figures, since the exchange rate changes very volatile and changes every second, you may contact our counsellors to know more about fees and living expenses.
- Climate and Culture: The climate and culture in Bangladesh is similar to that in India making it easier for Indian students to adjust there.
- Recognition: The Universities/Colleges are recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- Safety & Security: As most colleges have hostel facility available, the safety of students is ensured.
- Low travelling cost: There are daily flights going from India to Bangladesh and vice versa. The air fare is low and around ₹7,000. It is cheaper if the student travels from Kolkata to Bangladesh.
Eligibility Criteria for Studying MBBS in Bangladesh
For studying MBBS in Bangladesh, a candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- The candidate must hold a passport in order to travel for MBBS in Bangladesh.
- He/she should be of age 17 years or above before December 31 of the year in which the student is seeking admission.
- A student will be ineligible for MBBS in Bangladesh if there is a gap of more than 2 years after class XII. If student applies for current year’s session, then he/she must have completed class XII or passed class 12 in this year or the previous year. If the board conducts examination in 2014 but issues Passing Certificate in 2015, then also a student can be eligible for taking admission.
- The student must have his/her Passing Certificate issued in the current year or previous year only. Failing to meet these criteria would mean that the student cannot study medical in Bangladesh.
- Indian students must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class XII and have equal to or more than 60% marks.
- Anyone who passed out in and prior to 2014 cannot take admission in Bangladesh as per government rules.